In 2019 Lithuania received OECD recommendations that provided us a framework and main objectives to focus in order to build an environment for sustainable SE growth in a country.
The 8th Summit therefore seeks to evaluate what we have achieved during the last 2 years and which objectives still need higher stakeholders attention.
Based on OECD recommendations, this years’ Summit focusing on:
- Clarifying the conceptual framework of social entrepreneurship in Lithuania. In order to adopt unique official definition stakeholders need to evaluate different forms of concept recognition in neighboring countries, as well as discuss most common suggestions in Lithuania.
- Enhancing the role of social enterprises in public procurement. What challenges are still occurring, by building partnerships between social enterprises and the public sector? How we can foster social partners engagement and provide higher quality, innovations based public and social services in Lithuania.
- Promoting social impact measurement and reporting. What have we learned from previously implemented acceleration, impact measurement and know-how support mechanisms in Lithuania and how to build instruments that meet social entrepreneurs needs?
- Improving access to finance for social enterprise development. What are different types of social financing available? What are the legal and regulatory barriers in order to promote different types of investment?
- Coordinating policy and legal frameworks. How can we ensure sustainability and effective coordination among different stakeholders?